David Game College, 31 Jewry Street, London EC3N 2EY
It is less than 100 days until the existing Data Protection Act is repealed and the GDPR comes into force
Join us for this one day GDPR Training Course aimed at youth, student and educational travel professionals.
This new legislation brings with it a whole new data compliance culture where organisations will be expected to produce documentation about the data they hold and everything that they do with it.
The GDPR is very much more than simply asking the right questions about consent to use data. Rather like an iceberg, there is a lot more that needs to go on under the surface when you start to delve into the complexities of the law. It introduces concepts such as Data Protection by Design and Default, Fair Information Practices, Legal Bases for Processing and mandatory breach notification. For organisations managing the data of minors or sensitive categories of data, the legislation is particularly onerous, and there is a real need to understand it in full, or face significant financial or operational penalties.
So, where to start? For SMEs it is important to focus on the practical impacts. Plus, with such a short time now until the legislation comes into force there is an additional imperative to ensure that all the major compliance facing elements are in place. Don’t miss this opportunity to join us and fellow youth travel professionals for this one-day GDPR Training Course.
What will the GDPR Training cover:
- A general introduction to the Regulation and its scope
- Controllers, co-controllers and processors – which one are you, and are you always the same thing
- What are your obligations
- Data Mapping and Inventory – you can only protect what you know you have – how to identify risks to determine if you need to carry out a Data Impact Assessments
- Data Subjects and their rights
- Legal Bases for Processing – what is this and how do you apply it
- What is sensitive data?
- Do you need a Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
- Consent – how, when and where to get it.
- Privacy notices – what you need to include and where you need to display it
- Additional regulations – what is covered by the GDPR and where does other legislation fit in, i.e. PECR. E-Privacy. How do you integrate this with frameworks such as safeguarding and freedom of information
- Vendor Assessments – why you need to work with the right people
- What to do if a data subject wants to exercise their rights and how do you identify which right it is that they really want to exerciese
- Mandatory Breach Notification protocols
- Key milestones to compliance
Ready to reserve your place/s on this GDPR Training Course?
Places are restricted allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
Contact us for more on 0208 669 1444 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Cant make this date, but are interested in a future course date?
These courses will be repeated so register your future interest using this form