Creating Stigma-FREE Environments
We kicked off 2020 with a Mental Health Masterclass. Lead by David Beeney a qualified Mental Health Counsellor, trustee for Mind and recognised as one of the top 101 influencers globally on employment engagement.
Free to BETA’s members the purpose of the Masterclass was to provide attendee’s with an insight into the importance of Mental Health awareness in the work place without the formalities of a full training session.
The morning event was focused on:
- Exploring what it is like to suffer in silence with a mental health issue in the workplace
- Improving our understanding of how employees learn to disguise their suffering
- How we can look to inspire employees to be more open by saying ‘its okay not to be okay’ and to share vulnerabilities
- Exploring lots of ideas of how to create a kinder culture that drives energy levels and improves presenteeism
- Looking at the importance of using the right language to encourage honest and open conversation about wellbeing
- Looking at how you can improve your own levels of personal resilience
David also explained there is no cure for anxiety so it is important to find way ways in which to manage it in situations at work. He told us that for him he uses tins of beans to lighten up the room when public speaking.
At the end of the session David opened up to questions with a lot of attendees interacting as they wanted to find out more. This showed just how important Mental welfare is now in the workplace.
- 100% of delegates said the Masterclass was good or excellent
- 75% of delegates said they received more information than expected
- 95% said that the information received was actionable
Really inspirational talk, tackling a wide range of sensitive issues in a very engaging way. Very impressed! StudentUniverse UK
I really valued this workshop and I think it gives an incredible insight into the mind of someone struggling with anxiety issues, and how to make the workplace culture better for all. STA Travel
This event gave a dust hand insight to the positive and negative outcomes if poor mental health and gave great advice on good ways to be open about it at work from employer and employee perspectives GTi Travel Group
Fantastic session. David was extremely engaging, and his stories were both entertaining and informative. Feel fired up to bring some of the ideas we learnt to back to our workplace! My beans are in pride of place on my desk. Bayswater College
On the back of this event will shortly be sharing a number of more focussed training sessions.
If you are interested in hosting a BETA event or want to know more about what we have coming up in 2020 please contact us.