Since 1999, the progress, results and feedback of our students has been consistently excellent. With expert English language training in a stimulating and supportive environment, students learn effectively, succeed in achieving their goals and enjoy an exceptional experience at The Liverpool School of English.
Liverpool is a wonderful destination for international students, large enough to be lively and exciting yet small enough to be relaxed and easy to get around. Last year it was found to be the UK’s second safest city and it is regularly voted the friendliest city in the country. Our city centre location makes it easy for our students to enjoy the many cultural attractions that Liverpool is famous for.
The school is situated in a beautiful, grade two listed building in the heart of the Knowledge Quarter next to Liverpool John Moores University and The University of Liverpool.
We offer English language courses for students of all levels, at any time of year, including short courses and year round long term study:
- General English, standard or intensive
- Foundation Programmes, accredited by NCC with progression to more than 40 UK universities
- IELTS and PET/FCE/CAE preparation
- Teacher Training, Trinity CertTESOL and TKT (registered with Comenius and Grundtvig)
- English for Business
- English plus Work Experience
- English and Culture for Teenagers
In addition, we regularly create specialist English programmes for groups. These have included Maritime English, English for Nursing, English and Information Technology and English for Banking.
All our courses are given added value as students benefit from:
- A personalised learning plan
- A range of free support classes
- A carefully designed weekly social programme
- An outstanding nationality mix
- A dedicated welfare team
- High-quality, well-managed accommodation options
Our fantastic facilities include twenty two classrooms, two common rooms, a media suite, a library, study centre and garden. We are one of UKBA’s highly trusted sponsors, an accredited Cambridge exam centre and a Trinity GESE centre. As longest established British Council accredited school in the city and overall exceeding expectations in the ISI inspection, The Liverpool School of English is an excellent choice.