The Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made an announcement in the House of Commons on the next stage of the lockdown restrictions easing in England
The devolved nations of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own powers and they will respond and reopen on timetables set out by their governments in line with the science.
In the announcement it was outlined that from 4 July;
- The two metre social distancing rule will be relaxed to ‘one metre plus’. Where it is possible to remain two metres you should continue to do so, but where this is not possible it should be a ‘one metre plus’ policy. New guidance will be published to support businesses – including changing office layouts, protective screens, closing non-essential communal areas etc.
- Restaurants and pubs can open. Indoor hospitality is limited to table services and contact details will need to be collected from customers.
- People will be free to stay in self-contained accommodation including hotels, B&Bs, and campsites – so long as shared facilities can be kept clean.
- Tourist attractions will be able to reopen if they can do so safely, outside gyms and playgrounds can also open.
- Places of worship will be able to reopen, weddings can take place with up to 30 guests
- Close proximity venues such as nightclubs, soft play, indoor gyms, swimming pools and spas will remain closed. Task Forces will be established to help them become COVID secure.
- Indoor facilities for sports will remain closed, and close contact sports should only happen with people from the same household.
- Two households of any size will be able to meet in any setting (inside or outside), they do not have to be the same household each time. They are not recommending multiple households meet indoors.
- Outside, the guidance remains that people from several households of up to six, or two households can meet regardless of size.
- Hairdressers will be able to open with visors, nail bars will be able to follow when they are confident they can open in a COVID secure way.
Guidelines will be published for these reopening sectors and we will share these with you as soon as they are available.
You can view the full statement here: https://parliamentlive.tv/Commons
Correct as of 23 June 2020