A free opportunity for UK wide attractions, sightseeing, venues, cultural institutions, sports stadiums, live entertainment, accommodation, F&B, and retail to feature in a major TV advertising campaign in 2022
The Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT) are leading on a national coach marketing campaign to drive awareness of travel by coach to consumers post pandemic.
A national TV advertising campaign will run on ITV in the new year.
Over 4 billion journeys are made each year by bus and coach in the UK. Every day they provide transport for people to get to work, school or college, to meet family or friends and to visit shops, attractions, or access essential services.
As the voice of the bus and coach sector across the UK the CPT pride themselves on working with governments and their members to make it easier for people to choose to travel by bus or coach. They are central in helping fight climate change, social inclusion and improving air quality by reducing the number of cars on our roads.
The CPT are looking for broadcast quality video that can be edited and included in a 20 second TV advert. If you would like to be included, then please email Jonathan Mountford at made for more details: Jonathan@made.travel
Please find here, the answers to your questions:
- The sort of content that we require is footage of coaches and/or footage of scenic countryside/cities/places, people and things where coaches travel to? We need film of people, especially groups doing things as well as scenery.
- All geographical areas of the UK can be included e.g., Kent / Hertfordshire, Birmingham, Scotland, Wales, NI etc.
- It is supported by the Coach Tourism Association, but they are not directly involved.
- It’s free to be part of this.
- We are not filming any original content.
- It’s coming from many angles, not just the leisure / group tours perspective, but also for daily commuting and a sustainable alternative form of travel etc.
- Additionally, any footage of groups, school parties, seniors, families or coaches would be fantastic!
- Any attractions will be considered e.g., Warwick Castle, Madame Tussauds, City Cruises, West End Shows, Lake Windermere, Edinburgh Castle, HMS Victory etc.
- Ideally, we need the original RAW files of all the footage (with no music bed etc). Failing that, you could put them all on a time line and export as Pro-res H264 .movs. This is important to note – please be aware, exporting a file as Pro Res or RAW won’t improve the original quality – it just means the file is different.
- Basically, we are looking for broadcast quality video that can be edited and included in a 20 second TV advert. If you would like to be included, then please send the footage by end of day Wednesday to: firstname.lastname@example.org – to make this process easy please just send me the raw footage (as much as you like) and we’ll see if we can use it.
- We are using a professional TV commercial production company to make the advert: https://peoplecanrun.com
- A final edit will be circulated before it airs. This way should anyone have any issues we can sort them out before it airs.