- Join BETA
- About BETA
- Members Only
- Member Search
- PR Zone
- Industry Insights
BETA’s past projects have uncovered the facts about this exciting, fast growing sector of the travel industry. It’s value, barriers to growth, consumer trends, attitudes and behaviours.
In this section you will find links to these projects.
Some headlines statistics:
Youth, student and educational travel is worth over £20 billion per annum to the UK economy
Youth travellers represent:
- 25% of all international travel
- 34% of all inbound tourists
- 41% of all bed nights
- 36% of all spend
We are clear that travel from a young age provides experiences, forms opinions, and allows greater cultural understanding and tolerance of other cultures and nationalities. We know that such experiences contribute directly to the UK economy and the overall competitiveness of Britain. We also know that young travellers to the UK are likely to return throughout their lifetime, to work, trade and tour.
BETA’s latest project is to revisit the value of this highly influential sector.
This document will be used to :
- highlight the volume and value, the economic and non-economic benefits of this type of travel
- highlight the behaviours, trends and motivations for young people choosing to travel, work, study abroad
- collect, collate and evaluate up to date facts and figures that can be used within press and analytical reports
- provide a credible, balanced view/summary of issues affecting the industry
- assess Britain’s competitiveness as a youth destination
Please do return shortly for the results of the survey.
Thanks to our Project Sponsors.
Find out more & download our previous surveys: