This event has been postponed and more details would be provided shortly
Invitation to attend Universities UK International’s campaign reception, in partnership with Santander Universities:
What do employers want? The value of globally skilled graduates in a changing UK
Universities UK International would like to invite you to attend What do employers want? The value of globally skilled graduates in a changing UK to celebrate the Go International: Stand Out campaign. The campaign aims to help the UK higher education sector double the percentage of UK students who study, work or volunteer abroad during their degrees to 13% by 2020.
This reception provides an opportunity for businesses to engage with students, study abroad alumni and universities to understand the value of globally skilled graduates. It will also offer photo opportunities to increase coverage and raise awareness of the campaign.
Why we need the Go International: Stand Out campaign
- International experience while at university has never been more important for graduates, especially for students from disadvantaged groups, and their employers: students who go abroad are more likely to get better degrees and better jobs than their non-mobile peers
- In a changing UK, it is vital that our graduates have the skills to navigate different international environments, forge new partnerships and be sensitive to other cultures
- Erasmus+ accounts for almost half of all student mobility in the UK. However, following the UK’s departure from the EU, the UK is at risk of losing access to this important programme
- The UK lags behind the rest of the world in the percentage of its students who have these international experiences
- Through the campaign, universities and other organisations have pledged concrete actions to support the growth of outward student mobility
The event is hosted in partnership with Santander Universities and will be held from 5.30 – 7.30pm on Monday 6 April 2020 at Santander UK, Triton Square.
To RSVP your attendance, please register on Eventbrite: bit.ly/UUKiSantander